1. This is a charity to help premature babies in the UK by making octopus and jellyfish soothers.
2. The action started in Denmark – Home page https://www.spruttegruppen.dk/
3. Volunteers who wish to participate in this charity, cannot take any fee or other profits from the action. It is a charity for which we do not receive salary.
4. The Octopus will travel to a premature baby who is admitted to a hospital – each child will receive one Octopus, which they will take home. The aim is to support the babies in the first days of their lives – octopus tentacles resemble the umbilical cord, so that babies are calmer and do not pull the cables and pipes.
5. In this group we don’t advertise, sell or buy, only support the action.
6. Everyone is obliged to respect others, do not initiate conflict, do not add acerbic comments, do not use profanity!
7. In the file you can find pattern on octopus and other guidelines and a list of people willing to knit or crochet mascots to the hospitals. Click the link below to go to the Files. https://www.facebook.com/groups/oct…
8. Each volunteer is obliged to maintain cleanliness. The Octopus will be washed in the hospital, but we ask that they are not stained, there are no traces of hair or fur and it is important they don’t smell of cigarettes. Remember that the mascot will be for tiny tots.
9. Please put your comments in posts – there are established specific departments, such as radio and television department, questions, etc. – the list of posts located in files
OCTOPUS MUST BE MADE FROM 100% COTTON INCLUDING EYES, HEAD SHOULD BE 6-9 CM/2,5-3,5 IN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, ARMS SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 22CM/8,5 IN WHEN STRETCHED AND NO LESS THAN 16CM/6,3 IN, USE SILICON BALL OR ANTI-ALLERGENIC PILLOW FILLING ONLY.
ALL OCTOPUS OR JELLYFISH MUST BE MADE PLAIN, NO HATS OR OTHER ACCESSORIES MUST BE ADDED, WITH THE ONE EXCEPTION OF A LITTLE BOW OR A HEART. VARIGATED (COLOUR CHANGING) YARN IS OKAY TO BE USED, BUT WE ASK TO KEEP THE HEAD IN ONE SINGLE COLOUR. TENTACLES CAN BE MADE IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR.
We recommend you use this filling: Supreme toy stuffing 100% ball fibre soft filling
Can be bought on ebay and amazon, and can be washed at 60*C degrees
When you have made your octopus, they have to be sent to an admin or coordinator who will check that it is made within our standards, to ensure it is safe for the tiny babies. It will be checked to ensure it is suitable and safe, packed in a cellophane bag with our logo and leaflet for the parents.
This procedure is very important as we can’t and won’t be responsible for any uncontrolled octopus who gets delivered to the hospitals.